Friday, June 25, 2010

Gracie's Birthday


I figured that Gracie's birthday was reason enough for my first-ever blog post.


We officially have two old ladies in the house now. Cissy is 13, and now that Gracie is 8, she is officially geriatric as well. It kind of makes me sad. Eight seems so much older than five, which is how old she was when she first came into my life on Webster's first birthday. Best birthday present ever!


I have to say that I was pretty proud of myself for remembering her birthday not only before her dad, but also, without the help of Facebook. I think I could probably forget own my twin's birthday. Anyways, we had a nice time cuddling this morning while I planned out her special day.


I decided on giving her a "spa" day, long walk, and a trip to the pet store. Mani/pedi included. Not at all her favorite, but her dew claw growing at warp speed has been bothering me for a few days. She was a good girl, and the long brushing and tooth brushing made up for it in her book, I'm sure. After we finished the grooming and before we got around to the walk, I got a call from my bridesmaid Julie. She was going to take a picnic lunch at the Park of Roses with her son, and did we want to join? So we left the pup at home (just a special treat for the birthday girl) and we took our long walk down the Olentangy Trail with some good friends. The baby even gave Gracie a bowlful of Goldfish for her birthday!


Now, after a quick trip to the pet store for a new (dental, because she's a bit chubby) bone, Gracie is pooped. But I'm sure a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house tonight should perk her up here soon.


I'm very happy to be Gracie's mommy. I love taking care of her and getting to spoil her whenever I can. Happy birthday, Gracie!


Here is a picture of our two old ladies side by side in their old lady recliners:


1 comment:

  1. I love you both, very very much! Sounds like a really great day, and I'm admittedly very jealous of it!

    ReplyDelete